Reducing your waste production and increasing your recycling waste can save your business money, and lessen its impact on the environment.
Here are some tips about how you can cut down on the amount of recycling and waste your business produces.
In the office
- Organise a collection for mixed recycling – the easiest way to recycle. All recycling goes in the same bag!
- Reduce the amount of junk mail you get by signing your business up to the Mail Preference Service
- Have visible and clearly labelled recycling points for customers and staff. Feel free to use our recycling posters.
- Don’t over-package take away items or anything you send by post
- Re-use materials such as cardboard boxes, bubble wrap and envelopes.
- Print only when necessary and print double-sided to save paper.
- Paper recycling stations next to photocopiers and printers.
- Repair or re-use furniture, IT equipment and mobile phones where possible.
In the kitchen/canteen
- Organise a food waste collection.
- Avoid using disposable cups and cutlery for staff and customers.
- Recycle cooking oil
Green Dragon EMS
Cardiff Council is signed up to the Green Dragon Environmental Management Standard, which recognises our dedication to environmental sustainability. You too can sign up and your business will benefit from an environmental management system that’s relevant to you.
To find out more visit the Green Dragon website.