We would like to advise you of changes that are due to be made to the way that your existing Trade Waste agreement will be managed.
We have been working hard to procure a new operational and customer management system with the aim of improving our Trade Waste service. It will include new features which will provide you as a customer with improved accessibility to services and greater control over your customer account. The first phase of this project will be implemented in December 2021 with other phases to follow throughout 2022.
What will change for me?
From January 2021 you can expect the following changes
- Email notifications to notify you of events such as collection issues and stock deliveries.
- Invoices will continue to be provided monthly; however, the direction of charging will change from ‘month in advance’ to ‘month in arrears’. You may also notice your usual charges spread out over several invoices during the first few billing periods whilst we transfer between platforms, however, the total amounts payable will remain unchanged. Please note there will be no impact to the Direct Debits you may have set up.
In Spring/Summer 2022 you can expect the following changes:
- A customer portal is due to be introduced which will enable you to view your account, access your collections data and request stock/changes.
- An update on all the features of the Portal will be released in the new year.
What do I need to do?
An up-to-date email address is especially important as the new system will send email notifications for collection issues. The Portal functionality will also require an email address as log on credentials to your customer account. Please update your contact details by completing our online survey by 6th December 2021.
You will need a unique customer reference to fill out the survey, which you should receive in the post.
Restrictions to services
- During the system transition period (7th December to 31st December) the Trade Waste team will have limited functionality to undertake contract changes so please consider what services you may need for the Christmas period as early as possible and make contact with us via email@example.com
- Orders for waste bags/cardboard labels for the period will need to be placed early this year so please place orders asap so we can guarantee you a stock delivery slot. Please note we will not be offering deliveries between 21st and 31st
The implementation of these new system will not affect your collection days or agreed service schedules. Existing schedules will be imported into the new operating system.
Finally thank you for your patience and co-operation during what has been a challenging time. The Trade Waste Service has aimed to give you, the businesses of the City, the flexibility in service and contractual space to breathe that we hope has contributed towards your recovery and revival. If you require any further information or assistance, please don’t hesitate to get in touch by calling 02920 717501 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.